Tuesday, February 8, 2011

White, Lavender and Knighthood

Hello fellow white lovers!  Thought I'd share a few random photos of white around our home this week as I link to Kathleen's White Wednesday.  I recently bought some lavender buds from Ebay for filling sachets, and decided to also purchase a bunch of lavender stems.  They perk the house up while we're waiting for spring. 

The article in the recent Somerset Life by Alice Wingerden inspired me to make some cone sachets with  fabric scraps on hand.

A recent order from PetiteMichelleLouise provided the lovely ribbons on the sachet.


This peaceful spot in our living room is a cozy place to sit, with it's proximity to the fireplace and pillow cover made from an old winter sweater:


Here's a favorite end table, found at an antique mall 12 years ago and perfectly shabby chic ever since.  I only had to add glass knobs to enhance its' charm.  Housing my collection of catalogs and magazines (and various misplaced toys) makes it functional, too. 


Our son loves anything to do with Knights.  He pores over books instructing one how to become a Knight, and loves to practice 'Defending the Faith'!  I thought these tags (also from PetiteMichelleLouise) would be perfect for him.  He's already signed the back of one with his gallant name.  Another tag is hung from this white tureen, reminding us of that noble era:

More Valentine tags...the lovely Marie Antoinette tag on the left was made by Rosemary of Ozma of Odds, included in a purchase of one of her gorgeous paper ex-voto lockets. 
I made the other two simple tags for Valentine's day:

Let's toast to romance, heraldry and nobility!  (and lavender!)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

oh i'll toast to that! J'adore ALL of those things a swell.....romance, heraldry, nobility and the powers of lavender! How sweet that your son signed one of my knight tags! I love the tags you created as well. merci, once again, for your very sweet compliments mon amie. my heart is happy. :)

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

All your whites are soooo lovely! That sweater turned pillow is very sweet! Love the lavender.

High Street Cottage said...

Susan, everything is gorgeous! I just love your blog, so glad I became a follower. Wonderful whites, xoxo tami

Anonymous said...

Oh Susan,
Your home is so beautiful and serene!! Your photos look like they came out of Victoria magazine!
Just lovely!!
Have a great day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Blondie's Journal said...

Your home is warm and cozy...I love the sweater pillow! And that chippy little cabinet, too!

Your son sounds so cute! :-)

XO,
Janie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Beautiful post for Valentine's Day!

Passionate for White said...

Such pretty pictures... I toast my glass of wine!

All That Jazz said...

Great post, Susan! I love all your photos!! I am hoping to make some lavender sachets in the next month too!! I need to figure out where to get bulk lavender. Where do you get yours?
~michelle~

Victoria said...

Those are such pretty whites! I love the lavender and the little sachet, beautiful!!!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

To answer Michelle's question (I couldn't email you back at All That Jazz):
The lavender buds came from the Ebay shop "Making Scents with Nature" (seller id: manajo), and I've also ordered buds from the Ebay shop "Lavender Luxuries" in the past.

Happy sewing!

- Susan

BailiwickStudio said...

White & lavender - two of my favorite things! ::Jill

time worn interiors said...

Everyone knows I love white and Lavender is my favorite scent!
Theresa
aka:tot

Heaven's Walk said...

Beautiful post, Susan! It looks like something out of a French mag. I adore the whites, adore the lavender, and adore how you've combined them! :) Happy WW!

xoxo laurie

Anonymous said...

I think all little boys dream of Knighthood :)

I love your bedside table. It's the perfect size and so chic. Fun white touches all through your house!

Happy WW!
Michelle
x0

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...