Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vintage in the Kitchen

Happy Vintage Inspiration Friday!  Thought I'd share glimpses into my kitchen.  I hesitate to show its' current state, since I plan to make changes this spring.  Think of these as the 'before' photos.  The style of this room is French Farmhouse, with vintage chairs, black & white tile, and plenty of baskets.
Linking to Debra's great party...see you there!

Here's our kitchen table, used for breakfast.  The 2 vintage black chairs were free from my Mom's neighbor (via trash day).  They will be painted white soon.  The enamel pitcher and bowl came from flea markets, as well as the old white tablecloth.  I sewed the topper tablecloth out of a pretty blue toile fabric, and used vintage fabric from Brimfield Flea Market to cover the chair seats. 


My favorite platter on the shelves with a tiny lavender sachet.


A chippy cone holding some white embroidered napkins, hanging next to a window.  I don't dare show you the accumulated snow outside that window (another 11 inches today!).

Dreaming of spring...

17 comments:

Polly said...

It is so pretty!!

High Street Cottage said...

Susan, how beautifulllll! I also love the pretty enamel white pitcher with the bowl, how lovely. There is something so cozy about blue and white in a kitchen. Just gorgeous. xoxo tami

Janet said...

I really like your vintage chairs and have even been on the lookout for some like that. Sending some warm wishes over from California! Janet

Monica said...

Just gorgeous! Love the lace blind, and all the blue details!
I found your link on Debra's blog, but seeing your avatar, I think I have already visited you before... must investigate!;))
Happy Friday!
Monica.

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

What a beautiful spot you've created! It's so pretty and feminine; I can picture some ladies having a tea party at that gorgeous table! Don't forget to invite me!

Monica said...

:)))) Thank you! x

Unknown said...

so dreamy. j'adore mon amie! just so soft and serene. i would be happy to sit there and look out at, gasp, the snow!! Yikes...keep the shovel at the ready! Mr. PML is still away and this is killing me. oh well..better than flooding or mudslides right? :)

Anonymous said...

I love the look you've achieved! It's so French and inviting! Blue and white are so pretty together. I can see sitting there with coffee and the paper! Beautiful!

Happy weekend!
~Michelle :)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

How pretty! I am ready for the current "S" word (snow) to become SPRING!!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Susan, what a cozy little kitchen, I love it just the way it is!...your platter is stunning!... xoxo Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
What an absolutely beautiful kitchen! It looks so peaceful and serene.
I can't believe how much snow is falling around the country. It's hard to believe that we're all in the same country when it's snowing on one side and sunny and warm on the other.
Thank you so much for the lovely comments you always leave me, I really do appreciate it!
I wish you a happy weekend.
Sincerely,
melinda

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Susan, this is so calming and serene, soooo pretty. That platter is just gorgeous. Thanks for linking to VIF!!!
hugs,
Debra

Amy Kinser said...

Very pretty! Love your table with bowl and pitcher.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and beautiful spot to sit and enjoy your breakfast each morning, Susan! Love the touches of blue and white in your kitchen... very pretty!
Have a great weekend!
~ Jo :)

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Susan,
Oh gosh, I love your blog!!! Everything on it is such a treasure for the eyes!!! So beautiful..and I am your newest follower!
XO

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

How pretty! I think your "before" looks like my "after". :-) Looking forward to see how you can possibly improve on this beauty this spring.

Hugs,
Judy

Donna said...

I'm dreaming of spring, too! Wow, sounds like you already have been blasted with the snow!! I love your breakfast area. The toile tablecloth is perfect. Looks like your very own little Parisian Bistro!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...