Tuesday, January 18, 2011

White (Wedding) Wednesday

As I finished restoring our living room to a peaceful winter environment, I was struck by how much the winter white reminded me of a wedding.  That inspired me to include a few romantic touches into the room.  I topped this white buffet with an old lace runner and a sparkly white 'MAISON' banner across the vintage barn window.  The Victorian candlesticks on the right are antiques we received as a wedding gift.  


I stamped an 'S' and 'B' for our initials, as well as our wedding day (9/13) on a tag, and included some Parisian inspired stamped tags as well.  We honeymooned in Paris and Versailles over 7 years ago, and would love to return someday.  The 'La Maison du Roy'  is a menu from one of the incredible restaurants where we dined. 



I kept these white sparkly pointsettias around after using them in our Christmas decor.  They were also reminiscent of romantic wedding whites, so I displayed them in vintage silver containers next to our wedding portrait. 


I leaned some honeymoon photos and a Parisian postcard nearby.  Now this shelf holds fond memories of the start of our blessed marriage. 
I guess St. Valentine season is in the air!  Hope you're enjoying the romance of it, too.
I'm linking to White Wednesday to see more romance...

17 comments:

Unknown said...

soo romantic susan. j'adore! you have such an eye for creating lovely vignettes and all so "personal" and warm. Happy White wednesday mon amie! happy you entered my giveaway! :)

Unknown said...

...I sooo agree!!
just lovely!
xo, Rosemary

Donna said...

Oooh, la, la! I love all of your wonderful touches of silver and of course white! How neat that you vacationed in Paris! It's my very favorite city, and I've been fortunate enough to visit Versailles twice. Isn't it amazing? What a great idea to save the menu, I love that touch, and all of your other beautiful Parisian mementos!!

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

What an absolutely beautiful display! It's all come together so nicely! Lovin' your Winter White Wedding Wednesday!

Amanda said...

Gorgeous and oh so romantic! I just love your style and attention to detail! Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos! Happy White Wednesday! I am your newest follower!
Best Wishes,
Amanda

Theresa said...

That is really soft and pretty!

Monica said...

Susan,
so lovely to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by and for your nice words.
'J'adore' that white buffet, the vignette you created on the top is simply perfection.
Monica.

Anonymous said...

Decorating with white can have a very romantic look to it. I think that's why I fell in love with it so.
Your vignettes are so pretty, Susan. My favorite things are the vintage window and stack of vintage books. I never tire of them.
Happy WW!
~ Jo :)

Marie said...

Absolutely stunning Susan! I'm a really big fan of this vignette, being a true francophile. You've captured mon petite coeur!
-marie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Everything looks so romantic! Love your trio of glass jars and how you've filled them!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Such a wonderful display... and so romantic!!!
Happy White Wednesday!
Blessings~~ Daphne

Victoria said...

Everything looks so pretty and romantic! How lovely to have honeymooned in France!!!

Unknown said...

What a sweet and romantic vignette! Happy WW
Roselle

A Wild Thing said...

I love it, so calm and restful...and truly romantic!

sharon

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

So very beautiful...I love all the romantic touches! Laurel

Anonymous said...

a gorgeous vignette! thanks for sharing such beauty and inspiration.

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Beautiful in all ways~

Bisous,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...