Sunday, January 2, 2011

Father Christmas...to Father Time

Happy New Year friends!
We rang in our 2011 with a child-friendly 'First Night' in our city.  There were lots of events downtown, culminating with beach balls and confetti being tossed from a building after a 7pm countdown.  We all felt like kids tossing around the beach balls and blowing horns.  
After a long day of taking down Christmas decorations yesterday, I'm ready to start January fresh.  It was melancholy to say goodbye to the reminders of Christmas, but we can hold the spirit in our hearts all year, right?

In October I stumbled upon a simple white Santa figure at a Salvation Army thrift store for $2.  I realized I could keep him around in January to represent Father Time. 
Here he is holding a wreath for Christmas...

I cut out a tea-stained paper image of a clock, glittered the edges and taped it onto the wreath.  Now he is Father Time...looming over the New Year. 

Bon Annee!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
What a wonderful idea, it looks so beautiful and now he's perfect to keep around and enjoy a bit longer!
Thank you for your prayers and sweet comment, it really means a lot to me!
Happy New Year!
sincerely,
Melinda

Blondie's Journal said...

It sounds like you had a wnderful time welcoming the New Yaer in!! And I love your Father Time!! Keep him around for sure!!

XO,
Jane

Donna said...

What a great idea! I have a Santa that is similar to yours. Actually he started out a bright and shiny red, but I thought he would look much better painted Heirloom White. A little bit of spray paint and a light dusting of glitter and he looks so much better! Happy New Year!

Cheryl said...

Smartie pants!! Brilliant!

time worn interiors said...

What a great idea! Have a great week!

Theresa
aka:tot

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful New Year's Eve celbration, Susan. I LOVE your Father Christmas/Father time idea... he looks beautiful!! It goes right along with the post I just did about reusing/recycling. :)
Wishing you a happy New Year!
~ Jo :)

Marie said...

What a GORGEOUS white collection you have there Susan! Reminded me of the cover page for Country Living's February issue. You should see it, very similar to yours.
Happy 2011 if I haven't greeted you yet. Looking forward to more of your inspiring posts.
-marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...