Tuesday, February 1, 2011

White Elephant Shop

Hello friends!  I'm here today to talk about a White Elephant.  Specifically, a fantastic antiques store nearby with that name.  You can visit them here.  On a whim and a supportive nod from husband I ventured to visit this store's outlet on Saturday.  I walked in the door and... yippee!  Everything in the outlet is 50% off the listed price, and there's even a special room with 75% off treasures.  If you can brave this unheated special room, with its' drifts of snow for character, you may just find your heart's desire.

This serving bowl had me when I walked into the store:
  
Two lovely china pieces with my favorite color combination:

A pretty white gravy boat(?) and a rustic whatchamacallit (pitcher?):


This old white platter (on bottom in photo) has lovely rim detail, as well as subtle crazing and aged wear on it.  My husband chuckled when I told him I liked it that way:

Lastly, these 3 heavy oval platters will come in handy for serving:

These finds fit right into the French Farmhouse look I'm going for in the kitchen.  There will be a future post when they're put in place.
I'm linking to White Wednesday and Vintage Inspiration Friday to share these treasures.  Be sure to visit the White Elephant shop if you're in the area.  It's located on Rte. 133 in Essex, MA, where there are a great assortment of antique shops downtown.  Not to mention the famous Woodman's for fried clams.  Yum!


15 comments:

Donna said...

I would be in heaven shopping at the White Elephant! You found some great pieces, I especially love the blue and white covered dish. my favorite color combo! Can't wait to see how you have displayed/used them all!

Unknown said...

oh mon amie...we are SO going there 1 day! Your finds are just gorgeous! I'm a bit green with envy! :) happy WW! (like we don't have enough of the stuff! :)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

OMGoodness...how did I not know about this gem! Maybe I will bump into you and Michelle one day!

Unknown said...

...me too:)!!
Then Michelle can show us her sea after we go shopping at the white elephant!
good times, good times!!
xo, Rosemary

Blondie's Journal said...

This place sounds like heaven! I love all of your treasures!

XO,
Jane

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

You found some wonderful pieces!
:)

High Street Cottage said...

Wonderful pieces! Such gorgeous colors too! There is something about turquoise on ironstone and china that is so charming.

Anonymous said...

You found some great pieces, Susan!! The White Elephant sounds like a great shop!
Happy WW!
~ Jo :)

p.s. Thanks for posting my giveaway on your sidebar! :)

foreverdecorating said...

For me there is nothing better than the browning on white ironstone. Your blue and white tureen and the picture below that are simply to die for.

Robyn said...

My goodness! Those are all lovely and fabulous finds! Thanks for sharing on White Wednesday!

Ellen said...

What fantastic finds and oh so beau-tee-ful!!

xoxo,
Ellen

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Susan, what great finds! Love the wonderful ironstone pieces. I think we found the same platter this last week! And the transferware covered vegetable, so pretty, sounds like a great place for a bargain!
hugs,
Debra

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Gorgeous~ your tureen reminds me of the Limoges tureen I just blogged about! You found some fabulous treasures at that sale! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Awesome finds! And 50% off? Lucky, lucky you.
Found you from Common Ground. TFS!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Susan, I love all your great finds! I would love to set up at Brimfield, that's on my bucket list to do one day. As soon as I can retire, hopefully in three years I'll make my way towards your direction! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week, Theresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...