Thursday, January 20, 2011

Vintage Blue and Whites

I'm feeling 'blue' being surrounded by so much 'white' (snow).  By this time each winter, I am really ready for spring.  These vintage blue and white treasures are cheerful in the meantime. 
I'm linking with Debra's Vintage Inspiration Friday party and Cindy's Show and Tell Friday this week with some new and old photos (the old pics contain flowers to help us dream of spring). 

Favorite tea cups found for a bargain at Brimfield Flea Market (set of 4 for $4!)

More Brimfield treasures...
(blue and white plate)

(blue flowered platter)

Local Flea Market pitcher and tiny tea pot:

 
French books:

Thrift store Wedgewood vase (only $2 because of small crack I discreetly hide):

I saved the best for last.  A beautiful Catholic Sacrament certificate from 1913.  It is inscribed with a young fellow's name upon his First Communion.  I love the reverence in which the Sacraments are depicted, and keep this treasure near and dear to my heart.  
  
Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Ellen said...

I love your china pieces. I'm such an addict for china, thanks for the eye candy!

xoxo,
Ellen

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Hey, I can relate to feeling 'blue' but your china is sure a 'pick me up'! Absolutely LOVE your Wedgewood vase ... what a great deal!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Such beautiful finds!

-Danielle

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Lots of gorgeous blue finds! The first set of the teacups and saucers are the same design that I have been slowly collecting through thrifting for a few years now. They are so pretty!

Susan said...

Love all the blue! The wedgewood vase is awesome, crack or no crack!

......Michele @ Portlandia Vintage said...

Love the blue flowered platter - great find! I am so glad to see someone who appreciates these treasures.

All That Jazz said...

Great finds!! Especially like the french books and the blue/white platter~ so unique! Really like how you find things that speak to you, even if they aren't perfect! ;-)
~michelle~

Debra@CommonGround said...

What gorgeous blue pieces, the flowered platter, the Wedgewood, the certificate, each one is such a treasure! Thanks so much for sharing with us for VIF and linking up.
hugs,
Debra

Susan Freeman said...

I love that flea market blue pitcher!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Passionate for White said...

LOVE blue & white.... Classic!

blessings said...

How pretty. I love the photos and the vintage colors on the sacrement card. Blessings... Polly

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love blue and white...simple yet classic!!

Sandy said...

The tea cup pattern is so lovely and delicate, love it!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

my fave post! love the blue china.. simple line and yet lovely!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

These are beautiful items. The blues and whites are so pretty!I really like the pitcher.

Donna said...

Blue and white is my absolute favorite color combination! I love your treasures, especially that gorgeous mini tea pot! And of course I adore the French books, they are a lucky find and so tres chic!!

Unknown said...

Everything is dreamy. I especially love the sacrament card. The colors are beautiful. I'd keep that out and near and dear to me all the time too!
Visitng from Vintage Inspiration Friday
Roselle

Marie said...

This is a really lovely post Susan (always)! I love the soft colors of the teacups you found at the flea market, and of course French books. I myself buy them, even if I can't understand them.
-marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...