Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Urns and a bargain wreath

Last week I showed photos of our dining room with winter whites.  Here are some taken of our living room.  It is still a W.I.P (work in progress), not to mention it's the playroom for our children.  Therefore, I avoid taking photos of the floor area.  :)
Here are my flea market urns with some pretty wallpapers and old book pages to fill them up:



They sit on a desk in the corner, where you can see our snow out the window.  So pretty!  We're supposed to get 12-18 inches more tomorrow.  Yikes!

Last week I used a JoAnn's gift card I got from Christmas (thanks Mom!) to purchase this gorgeous white wreath - 75% off!  It's hard to tell in the photo, but the white feathers are sparkly.  Perfect for January.
My white table with the loving Madonna and Child rest below it.



There's a tiny cracked robin's egg in the small dish on the table.  We found it in our yard last year.  For now, it reminds me of spring that will (eventually) come. 
I'm linking to White Wednesday - see you there!

14 comments:

Marie said...

Love your new urns Susan, and adding the rolls of paper adds a special touch. That corner looks really nice and inviting.
-marie

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hope your spring comes soon, in the meantime I'm sure your whites will keep you warm!

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Your urns with the pretty papers are lovely and very soft looking! Great deal on the feather wreath!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love your urns...how sweet to fill the one with wallpaper...very clever. Your living room is so pretty and the new wreath looks perfectly wintery in it!

Stay warm and dry!

XO,
Jane

High Street Cottage said...

Simply lovely! I love urns too, and even passed up a wire urn at a thrift shop this week, the price was a bit steep for what it ended up being. Yours are gorgeous. Stopping over as you're my clickie linkie neighbor at White Wednesday, xoxo tami

Polly said...

12 to 18 inches? That is a alot of snow!!

Love those urns!!

Unknown said...

gorgeous post. j'adore your new wreath AND the tiny cracked egg. i collect eggs and nest...they just "speak to me." Happy WW mon amie! we'll be snowed in tomorrow for sure but i love an excuse to stay in my PJ's all day and "create." I hope you can do the same! :)

Unknown said...

Next to textiles, vintage papers make me weak in the knees! Love all of your treasures!
Keep warm ~ Heidi

m.lisa said...

The blue pop of color from the robin's egg is divine! The winter scene in your window view paired with your decor looks like a page in a storybook. Enjoy more "white" coming your way!
xo

Tanya said...

Just beautiful - be safe...and warm in the snow headed your way. Happy White Wednesday - Tanya

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Beautiful collection of urns and I loved how you filled them!! Hope you are enjoying the snow!

Sandi said...

Love your urns and your vintage wallpaper rolls. So pretty! Happy WW!
Blessings~

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

How pretty! Happy White Wednesday!

Hugs,
Judy

Anonymous said...

What a pretty corner of your LR, Susan! The vignette you put together is so pretty... love the vintage book pages!
Have a wonderful weekend coming up!
~ Jo :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...