Sunday, October 25, 2015

Fall decor in Living Room

Well, the leaves have finally been turning colors in New England!  We had a late foliage season due to such a mild early fall, but now the brilliant hues don't disappoint.  I've made some updates to our living room for fall as well.  The biggest change was the addition of this gorgeous rug in front of our fireplace.


I found it at Home Goods for only $99!  I love how its' colors blend in with our room.
The coffee sack pillow covers I made last year have returned for fall, as well as these dried hydrangeas that have been around for a couple of seasons:


Although I'm not a huge fan of orange, the mantel did get a pop of this color with pumpkins:

However, my favorite pumpkin by far is this green/blue Mother Hubbard squash!

It rests on our corner desk, where you see more coffee sack fabric.  I guess fall just reminds me of coffee!

Thanks to you lovely friends that left encouraging comments on my last post.  I'll keep you updated on our homeschooling adventure.  So far it has definitely been worthwhile.  Happy fall!

10 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh my Susan, you scored on that rug! I'll have to check out their selection next time I go. I think it's fun to have some orange around when you still have littles at home:) Makes it more fun for them!

Enjoy these years with your kids, it goes by so quickly:( Hope you had a lovely weekend my friend!

Donna said...

Your rug is so pretty, Susan! What a bargain. I just love Home Goods! So glad that home schooling is going well for you all. I'm with you on the orange! I do love the squash!!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Susan,
The rug is gorgeous and I love the mantel too. Your vignette looks so pretty for fall.
I think you are doing such a great thing to home school your kids. You go girl. Have a great week.
Kris

It's me said...

Beautiful!!!.....happy fall.......love Ria x

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

Love your fireplace. I had one just like it in my last house. I love your decorating. Happy Fall. Di

Unknown said...

That rug is ismply gorgeous! Indeed...its' soft palette compliments the room perfectly. Loving all of your fall touches Mon Amie! ;)

Burlap Luxe said...

I love Autumn over here, that rug looks just like the tones I have been looking for. And to think you have found one so perfectly fitted for your living room. It all looks so wonderful here dressed in pale and a touch of Pumpkin color oranges and whites.

Loved all you inspired a beautifully fun weekend to you.

Xx
Dore

Robin Johnson said...

Your new rug is gorgeous as are your festive fall touches you have given the room.

Unknown said...

There is a lot Of Entertainment.Please Check It Out.Apple MacBook Laptop HD Wallpaper

Unknown said...

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. HD Wallpapers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...