Friday, November 14, 2014

Holiday Vintage Bazaar and Meeting Matthew Mead!

Last weekend was a whirlwind!  It was the first annual Holiday Jubilee for the Vintage Bazaar in Salisbury, MA.  Just off the heels of the fall bazaar, Michelle and I scrambled to put a booth together for this event and wow - it was amazing!  The crowds didn't stop coming the whole weekend (including Friday night) and we even got to meet a superstar - Matthew Mead!
Okay, that last part is still so thrilling to share: we met multi-talented designer, stylist, photographer, editor, crafter, you-name-it Mr. Matthew Mead himself and his kind and lovely wife Jenny!!!!
I'm still pinching myself.  You can imagine I was a goofy nervous girl when I turned around and there he was, while all us vendors were setting up our booths.  I tried to casually chat about the event and avoid tripping over his AMAZING wares in his space.  My eyes just took in all the loveliness he and Jenny created...greenery, painted furniture, ironstone, dioramas....oh my.

Okay...I simply must start with this photo of Michelle and I with Matthew, and tell you what a gentleman he was!  The nicest guy you could meet...humble, kind and interested in everyone he spoke with.  Jenny was so sweet to take photos of us.
Michelle, Matthew, me

Stay tuned to the end of this post to see more from Matthew.

And now....our booth....a tent within the huge tent!
We called it winter wonderland:






Gotta toss in a few 'people' shots to break up the booth photos....
Here's us with our fabulous booth neighbor across the way - Pam McKay.  She makes gorgeous ocean-inspired jewelry (at www.objetrouve.biz):
me, Pam, Michelle


More of the booth...my apologies that some of the photos are blurry.  My camera had a hard time focusing with the late afternoon lighting.














You are the best booth buddy Michelle!  I had such a great time and we shared a lot of laughs.
Thank you to all our friends, family and customers that visited our space!
I'm starting to list items from the bazaar in my Etsy store.  Take a peek here.  Michelle may be listing some of her treasures as well here.

Okay, by the end of the weekend the vendors started walking around chatting.  All the vendors were super talented and very nice.  I visited Matthew and Jenny's space again and he sent Michelle & I home with two autographed magazines of his!  Can you believe???  I was ecstatic because you may know I am a magazine junky.  It was so cool to meet someone who has always influenced me for many years through that medium.  I can always recognize Matthew's style in a publication - you know good stuff when you see it.
Anyhow, this is what I have been poring over since the past weekend:

These magazines were self-published by the Meads in 2010, so I never saw them on newsstands.  Peek inside the Autumn issue....


...and the Holiday issue...


Are they not incredible???  I don't know if you can still purchase these online somehow, but be sure to visit Matthew and Jenny at www.holidaywithmatthewmead.com.

Thanks for sticking around this long post!  xoxo - Susan

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

How fabulous your booths were! Loved each picture and adored your vignettes and displays.

Gotta be honest, I don't know who Matthew is but I plan on looking him up. His face sure looks familiar.

Your tents just drew me in....great idea!

Blondie's Journal said...

Susan..your booth was the best, I'm sure...I would just die to be there. That Matthew sure gets around! I saw him at another event a blogger posted a few weeks ago. What talent. I have the magazine with the red wreath...never throw these away!!! You are a lucky girl!

Thanks for the great pics. Hope you sold lots! :)

Jane xx

Donna said...

I have been drooling over each and every one of your booth photos, Susan! You and Michelle did an amazing job, the vignettes you created are just gorgeous! How fun that you can do shows together:) And what a treat that must have been to meet Matthew Mead! I have admired his work for years, love his style!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Wow...winter wonderland is right! Your space looks amazing Susan (and Michelle)...so happy for you! I am so sorry I couldn't make it and am really kicking myself now!
Congrats!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks and sounds like a great day, Susan! Yours and Michelle's stuff looks great in your booth. I'm going to have to see what you have left in your Etsy. : )

Unknown said...

Is that us? Was that our space? It was all a blur what with the months and weeks leading up to the show.... the hectic 2 days of setting up and then 3 days of meeting, greeting, selling and wrapping. What fun! It was simply magical and put me in the "Xmas Spirit" a little sooner than I normally would have been. "Merci" mon amie for being the best vendor partner a girl could ask for! Always in sync...always smiling...ever-supportive. You're simply the best and I am ever grateful! ;)

It's me said...

This is all verry great Susan!!....love it all...happy sunday Ria...x!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...