Tuesday, December 10, 2013

2013 Tour - Nordic Christmas Dining Room

Hello fellow merry makers!  Thanks for visiting our living room in my previous post.  The tour continues in our simple white and green dining room, with touches of grey/silver sparkle....


I kept the color scheme simple in here.  And for details,  I went nuts over grey/blue seam binding this year.  It's used everywhere in this room!   Welcome....

A friendly reindeer greets you from the table:

At the window is a simple green tree with candles in vintage clips and my handmade book wreath as its' star:
(I will not light these - too risky!)

Two shutters showcase glittered stars..

Another view from the kitchen:

I love how the buffet looks with silver candle holders and greenery:



The mirror reflects our corner cabinet.  I decided to warm up the cabinet this year with vintage books and a painted 'White Christmas' sign made from reclaimed wood:





Pretty ornaments rest on the white chair in the front of the room:


I couldn't resist making some cones with touches of grey after seeing some in the November issue of Jeanne D'Arc Living magazine:

Our Advent candles get lit each Sunday evening:



In the back of the room, a white bookshelf gets the Christmas treatment:









The table is set with simple greenery and stars...







Ornaments sparkle overhead...

Hope you enjoyed the tour.  Cheers to a very merry Christmas!

I'm sharing over at these fun parties:
Grey Dey Thursdey
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday

22 comments:

Keith@ Vintage Crab Jewelry and Crafts said...

Your holiday decor is gorgeous! I too love the buffet and I also was enchanted with the chandelier!

Junkchiccottage said...

Susan,
Your decor is so beautiful. I hope you will come by and join in the Creating Christmas on my blog. I would love for you to show off your style and gorgeous decor.
Kris

Debra@CommonGround said...

so pretty, I love all the glitter and sparkle!!

Okio B Designs said...

I love how you decorated for Christmas. So much goodness there and how fun are the dollar store glittered reindeer? I picked some up last year and love them! And so looking forward to receiving your lovely ornaments. I didn't get myself anything for Xmas (I shop for all of us) so this will be my present!

Jeanine

Unknown said...

SO beautiful mon amie! no wonder it was featured in Romantic Homes. Now it needs to be in JDL! So much of their inspiration can be found in all of your eye-cathcing xmas vignettes. you've been a busy, busy gal. I can't wait to see the rest of the tour? ;)

Robin Johnson said...

As always there is so much to enjoy and drool over when you decorate a room. You've outdone yourself this year. I adore the deer, the glitter houses, the sparkle. You have surround the room with so many wonderful displays I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite.

Donna said...

Ok Susan, I am drooling yet again over your gorgeous Christmas decor! I love your soft colors and of course all of the glitter! The mercury glass is perfect, and so is your crinkly seam binding! You really outdid yourself, it's all just so beautiful!!

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

SUCH A LOVELY CHRISTMAS TOUR / DREAMING §§
XOXO FROM paris

………….. ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
………….. ⋯ ✰ ⋯
………….. ⋰ ⋮ ⋱
……… …….*•♥•*
…… ……. *♥♫♫♥*’.
… …….. *♥•♦♫••♥*
……… *♥☺♥☺♥☺♥*
………*♥•♥#♠*♥#♥•♥* ‘
……..*♥♫♥♥♫♥♥♫♥♫* ‘
…….*♥♥☺♥♫♥♫♥☺♥♥*’
……*♥♥♣♫♥♣♥♥♣♥♫ ♣♥♥*’
….’*♥♥♣♥♫♥♥♫♥♥♫ ♥♣♥♥*’
….*~~**~~**~***~~**~~*
….(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
_____███████████
♥:♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥:

Anonymous said...

All is so beautiful! Love the pure colours decor. Hugs, Cristina

Boxwood Cottage said...

Very lovely and inspiring vintage Christmas decor Susan! Love the softness about it all especially! Sending happy Advent wishes from Germany!
Carola

Seawashed said...

Beautiful! Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Dearest Susan,
Your home looks absolutely beautiful!!! All of the little touches here and there are simply lovely! You have such a talent for display and you always make your home look so warm and cozy.
Wishing you a joyous holiday season my friend!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Bente said...

Oh my, you have decorated so very beautiful. Love the small trees, your advent candles, the white santa( he looks almost like mine), yes in fact I love everything here.

Big hug from here

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Susan! I love the simplicity and calmness of your Christmas décor. The greenery adds just the right amount of color.

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

So beautiful, Susan! I love the white shelves with the Christmas touches. I especially love the "white christmas" sign. Your room is so beautiful.

~Shanon

Carolyn said...

It is all very pretty. I love the transferware platter and the covered dish.

Carolyn

chateau chic said...

Your Christmas home is so soft, calming, and peaceful! Your style is so lovely!!
Mary Alice

farmhouse-story said...

it all looks charming here, susan--
and in print! happy weekend!

June said...

This is beautiful!!!! Your Christmas home is so lovely Susan and it must be a joy to live in! Your touches of silver everywhere makes it so festive and eye catching. I LOVE your decorating style so much!!!
Have a lovely weekend.
hugs from here...

MONICA LIVAS said...

Your room is dreamy Susan!

Unknown said...

It's all so peaceful and charming. You have a true gift! Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Roselle

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm a new fan of your blog! Thank you so much for opening your home to us! I love your style, it's very inspiring and beautiful.
Merry Christmas,
Talitha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...