Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Fever

This spring the color lavender is really speaking to me.  Especially when the color is a soft grayish hue.  I decided to dye some ribbons and doilies to satisfy my lavender craving.
These ribbons used to be white and after some Rit dye they now look like this:

I love how they look wrapped around my decoupaged Easter eggs and vintage spools:

The doilies in this basket got the same treatment.  They turned out a bit darker, since their original color was more beige:

I'm enjoying seeing these soothing colors in my living room, along with more spring touches sprucing up all the whites:

The daybed corner has some cheerful spring elements...


It's a romantic place to sit, under this lovely image of Little Madonna.  I did end up painting her frame white.

Well, it's quite a relief to look out my window and see all the snow we got Friday has melted quite a bit.  Spring will be here before we know it!


Sharing with:
Blissful Whites Wednesday  ( I think this post has enough whites to share this week)
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday

18 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

Beautiful color palette
Hues of blue always call my name.

Our spring is here. We are 86 today and it is staying that warm thru the weekend.
Crazy!
Amy

It's me said...

Love your post....like what your do in your home......lovely week darling....xxx...

Rhonda said...

And here I sit and it's 87 degrees already! Wish I could send the warm your way.

Lovely decorating, Susan. Your eggs are so pretty!

Sandi said...

What lovely photos Susan! I have never used that dye, but want to try it now. Can't wait.
Blessings~

Karen said...

Gorgeous color. It makes me want to dye a bunch of things too. Your home is lovely too.

Anne said...

Oh yes I LOVE lavender and that is such a pretty color!Beautiful with white too!

Anne

Art and Sand said...

the daybed room is wonderful and I am coveting those beautiful floral pillows.

Bente said...

Love the daybed with the old door and the shutter. Beautiful soft colors.

Hugs

BECKY said...

So very pretty Susan. Makes me just sigh...what a soothing space!

Thanks for sharing at Blissful Whites Wednesday!
Hugs,
Becky

Diane Porazzo said...

Susan, I just love your blog and all your creative work. Love the eggs...they are so pretty. I have just began blogging and I have a website called: babiesbridesandlavender.com If you have a moment please stop by and I would enjoy hearing any comments you may have. Keep up the beautiful work.
Diane

Unknown said...

girl..we both have the same "fever!" ;) can't wait for our next adventure! will chat soon ! ;)

June said...

I love that soft lavender hue too Susan! It is so serene and so are your gorgeous photos!!!! Your living room is so lovely. I know I would feel right at home there.
sending hugs...

Stampin' VMG206 said...

I love the soft whites and lavendar! Your photo's are really nice, too. What photo software do you use? So pretty!!
I'm visiting you today from the Common Ground Linky. I hope you can visit my blog and leave a comment, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
www.vmg206.blogspot.com

Amy Kinser said...

So beautiful, calm, relaxing....

Lavender is such a soft and beautiful color. I actually bought a lavender shirt for the spring and wore it yesterday. I loved it!

Happy Spring!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So soft and lovely Susan!!

Pagnin Pamela said...

ciao vengo da shabbyartboutique.blogspot.it/2013/03/shabbilicious-friday-link-party e trovo che le tue uova e il tuo blog siano bellissimi, brava!

Unknown said...

Just love your pillows, such a romantic feeling.
Lynnie

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

A beautiful colour palette for sure. I hope the spring sun melts all your snow away quickly so you can enjoy the changing of the season. Thank you for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...