Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Recent Thrifting Finds

Lately my errands seem to conveniently take me near my local thrift store, which always deserves a visit.  Sometimes I leave empty handed, but there's always the chance for a great bargain to be had.  I also love that the thrift store is a non-profit which serves the community.

Some recent finds include this pile of china for a mere $4.  I already had 4 cups/saucers to match, which I had found at Brimfield Flea Market.  I love this pattern!


Here is a beautiful framed print of Little Madonna.  This image is also referred to as 'Our Lady of the Streets'.  More information about the history of the portrait can be found here.  I find it compelling, especially the angelic image of the sleeping babe. 

Some pink pretties were also found thriftin':

The colors in this paper lantern are soft and pretty.  I got 4 of these for $1!  They'll be terrific for garden parties next spring.

This paper fan with reproduction Victorian images is adorable:



It's hard for me to pass up pretty bowls such as this one:

The thrift store can be hit-or-miss, but lately it's been more hits! 
I'll be sharing these with Debra's Vintage Inspiration Friday and Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday.

16 comments:

pballard said...

Love all your finds. The fans and paper lanterns are so very cute.. Love the dishes as well. Thanks for sharing.

Vintage Market Place said...

Its amazing how people are practically giving china away these days.
I guess it is like the days of people actually using it for dining purposes are over.

But boy it sure is beautiful!
Amy

Unknown said...

sooooooooo jealous!!! let's plan a Picker Sistah trip soon! ;)

It's me said...

What a pretty things...love Ria...xxx...

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I cold go to our thrift store every day and never see quality items like you've found. The print is just beautiful!

Rhonda said...

You lucky picker sisters!! I can only dream of finds like that in my thrift hunts. Not that I've had any lately. Not enough time or room to display them. Sigh...good thing my blog friends post about their finds. :)

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love all your finds--especially the frame. So fun to find cool stuff!

Donna said...

Nothing like the thrill of the hunt! You never know what you'll find when out thrifting, looks like you found some amazing treasures! Love those paper lanterns, how fun! And your china is so pretty, too. Enjoy!

Nancy Lee said...

Lovely finds! I also saw your most recent piece in the latest issue of Somerset Life. Just beautiful. Congratulations!

The Porcelain Rose said...

Susan.....
Wow! What lovely finds. I know what you mean.... I have to go to the post office at least every few days and there are two thrift stores and two antiques stores on the way. I seldom make it home without stopping at at least one.
I LOVE the vintage china but my favorite is the pleated pillow! If you decide to sell it in your shop let me know. I am crazy for vintage pillows. I picked up two pink satin ones at my local DAV just this week.
I always enjoy my visits here.
Hope you will pop over to see me. Elizabeth
xoxoxo

The Porcelain Rose said...

Ha, ha! Thought the pretty paper lantern was a pillow. Guess I didn't read very well the first time around!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

You are a lucky girl...love your finds!
I have a china set similar to the one you found but in pink that I am saving for spring in the shop! It was a shower gift that I have never used!

June said...

Definitely hits Susan!!! You found the loveliest things. That's what I would call great hunting and gathering!!! I live a long way from our nearest thrifts stores, but when I go I usually can find something that i have to bring home.

I LOVED your crate liner in your previous post. SO PRETTY!!!!
sending hugs...

Rita said...

How lucky of you to find all those treasures. love them all especially the china. what a pretty delicate decor.
rita

Unknown said...

Hi Susan,
What a beautiful things you've found! Love the white and blue china!
I live in the Netherlands and like you,I go to the thrift shops whenever I get a chance!If I didn't go for a week,I get the "itches" all over,and just HAVE te go!
Like reading about your finds!
Love from across the ocean,
Monique,

Sandi said...

Love all your finds especially those lanterns. How fun!!
Blessings~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...