Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Twice as Nice for Spring

It is a rainy spring day here, but I am admiring all the green outside my window.  It's gratifying to see the buds blossoming and the lush carpet of green in the grass and trees.  I wanted to carry that cheerful spring feeling into the house using some vintage floral wallpaper and fresh lilacs.

This fabulous cabinet door from Sandi's space at the At Home with White event offered a nice way to showcase the wallpaper.  Here is the front of the door displayed on my desk, featuring the pretty applique Sandi added:


Fresh lilacs from one of our bushes added fragrance to the room...

I knew this terrific vintage wallpaper I got from Judy at French Laundry would look romantic on the back of the cabinet door.  I got the idea after seeing a fabulous wallpapered piece over at Rachel's blog.

For a temporary change, I simply taped the wallpaper to the back of the cabinet door and turned it around:

Changing out the accessories a bit gave the desk a whole new look:

I love how the bottom of the door curves:

Some fresh white lilacs were added to the mantel...

...and to the bedside table, luring me to sleep:

Small details such as these help to add cheer and embrace spring. 

Sharing with Kathleen's cheerful White Wednesday!

17 comments:

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

The cabinet door looks so beautiful in your home Susan! Giving me a bit of seller's remorse, but at least I know it is in a good home! Love the wallpaper on the back, great idea!

I have enough rain...haven't you?!

d e l i g h t said...

I like what you did with the cabinet door! Great creative idea. I might copy that idea! The room looks so fresh and light and springy!

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

A beautiful post for this rainy day!
Have a great week..xo Tami

It's me said...

What a beautiful corner....love it !!...xxx...

farmhouse-story said...

gorgeous! love the cute applique on the door!

Anne said...

Love that cabinet door.And I love that you can give it a whole new look by turning it over too.
Beautiful lilacs.
Anne

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Everything looks beautiful! Love the wall color--reminds me of my bedroom. I find it so relaxing!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the cabinet door, the wallpaper is SO pretty and it looks great on your desk!

Love your lilacs, especially the white ones which I don't see too much. I bet they smell heavenly!

Hope you are having a good week, Susan! :)

XO,
Jane

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Such gorgeous vignettes!! Aren't lilacs just the most wonderful flowers!

All Things Chic 2 said...

Love all the little changes...
What a great idea with the wallpaper!!!
Blessings Lori

Rowan said...

It looks so fresh and pretty. So many US blogs are featuring lilacs in full bloom, here they are barely in bud. Still I have the pleasure of that wonderful scent to come:)

chateau chic said...

So pretty! Love the vintage wallpaper on the back of the door. Your photos are so soothing and lovely!
Mary Alice

Rita said...

i'm visiting from Kathleen's White Wednesday party.
what a great cabinet door and how beautifully displayed. it adds that special touch to your table.
rita

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Susan,
I love the way the lilacs pop against the white. You have such a feminine way of displaying your wares...very pretty!
Blessings & hugs,
Karen

Unknown said...

LOVE what you've done with the vintage door you found at the at home with white event. it is so pretty and so versatile! I love BOTH vignettes....how simple and clever! well done mon amie! happy May Day! let's chat more about a possible Brimfield trip. My guys are golfing ALL day on the 11th!! :)

Anonymous said...

I can almost smell those lovely lilacs! Such a beautiful post... and pics :)

fraddiemoran said...

Spring is my favourite season. you share such lovely image of spring. All pix give relax to me. Its too good post.

soldes flottants

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...