Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Fair Ladies

For White Wednesday this week, I thought I'd share some new Etsy listings from my store.  These two fashionable ladies would feel right at home in a Parisian-inspired boudoir.  I've embellished some craft store paper mache dress forms, then attached each to a white painted wood base.

They're adorned with vintage lace trim, a tea-stained fabric sash (on white form), and German glass glitter on the necklines.   Vintage-inspired enamel tags around the base claim each as unique.

The gray lady...



Miss 'PARIS' in white...




They were inspired by this blue & lace dress form I made for my craft area many months ago...
(that's Abby's fairy queen in upper left - so pretty!)

Now I just need to make a base for my own dress form...

I'm off to see all the inspiration over at Kathleen's White Wednesday....see you there!

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Lovely Susan! These ladies would look great in any French style room!!

chateau chic said...

Very chic! I love them.
Mary Alice

Rostrose said...

Hi Susan, your dress forms are really stylish & decorative - great idea!!!
I also want to thank you for your nice words on my blog. If you want to understand a bit more of my text you can use the google-translate-button at my sidebar. But, well, the translations are ... some kind of funny, I know... ;o)
There was a time when I translated my posts always in English language. But my posts are long, and one day I was no longer able to do so - my right arm caused problems, because I spent too much time at the computer (working with the mouse). And anyway, I spent too much time in Bloggerworld. So I unfortunately had to make the decision only to translate in special cases.
At the next Pink Saturday for example I will post again a bilingual text. Hope you will visit me again then :o)
ჱܓჱܓჱܓჱܓჱܓჱܓ ჱܓჱܓჱܓჱܓჱܓჱܓ
Big Austrian hugs, Traude
ჱܓჱܓჱܓჱܓჱܓჱܓ ჱܓჱܓჱܓჱܓჱܓჱܓ

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Oo La La!
I adore them Susan!

Sandi said...

I love your fair ladies Susan! I always see these forms, but have never purchased one to make over. I must do that soon. :)
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful!!! I love the muted shades. So glad to see my fairy is keeping you company. It warms my heart to know she's with one of my dear blog friends:)

Unknown said...

Susan:

Beautiful and creative!

Michele said...

So Beautfiul

Michele
Pearl 13.1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...