Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Small pleasures

The pretty pink tulips from my children for Mother's Day have brightened up our living and dining rooms these past few days.  I couldn't help but take a snapshot of this cheerful view from our couch on a sunny day. 

Until our hydrangea bushes are in full bloom, I'm using last year's dried flowers to fill this white basket.  I got it at last year's White Event, and now it sits happily on the stool from this year's White Event


Last week's purple lilacs have also been replaced with dried hydrangeas in the dining room.

Although the weather was beautiful and I enjoyed strolling the local flea market with my Mom this past Sunday, I didn't have much luck finding treasures.  This old dictionary was the one thing that came home with me. 

I removed its' shredding cover and wrapped this gray seam binding around it. 
A simple look, but it brings a smile when I walk by:

Happy White Wednesday!

8 comments:

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Dear Susan,
Your beautiful post brightened this rainy day! I recognize that basket. :) I love how you use certain elements over and over, but always in new and delightful ways. I have to tell you...that chair by the fireplace is to die for! If you ever decide to sell it, I'm first in line! (and second and third) lol
Blessings & hugs for a wonderful WW!
Karen

Blondie's Journal said...

Your living room is so pretty, Susan...the pink tulips just pop against the white. The dried flowers are perfect, mine have faded to almost white. Love the old dictionary! Some days you find more than you can afford and others you can't find anything you like!

Hope you are having a wonderful week!

XO,
Jane

Vintage Market Place said...

I really love your color palate Susan.
It is a color I love and really want to add more of it to my home.
Amy

chateau chic said...

So pretty, Susan. Love the pops of blue with all your pretty whites.
Mary Alice

Unknown said...

i love the way your bedroom chair now graces your living room. it looks so lovely there with my shutter in the background. Lol! Your coverless book is dreamy...so simple and elegant. Isn't it refreshing how just "rearranging" a few things can breathe new life into a room? yours always looks so sweet and serene! happy WW mon amie. (let's look at our calendars and schedule a Picker Sister Todd Farm/W.E. day...ok?

Heaven's Walk said...

You always know how to put a beautiful vignette together, Susan...right down to the simple gray ribbon embracing that old book. You inspire me, my friend! :)

xoxo laurie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Susan...your room looks so beautiful! Love how you've topped that old stool with the gathering basket!

Rostrose said...

Your living-room looks so pretty with the pink tulips! :o)
Have a relaxing weekend!
Traude

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...