Thursday, April 19, 2012

These White Treasures Followed Me Home...

In my last post, I shared the experience of visiting the fabulous 'At Home With White' event at the Wrentham Country Store.  Sunshine and good friends made the day.   So...want to see what came home with me?

Sandi (and her supportive husband Jim) transformed this old cabinet door with paint and this lovely applique.  The old green bottle was found in Sandi's indoor space. 
I got this adorable old stool from Mary Ellen's space. 

I love the keyhole on the door, too!   I'm considering wallpapering the back with some vintage paper I got from Judy at French Laundry.  That way I can turn the door around every so often for a new look.

This fabulous old French laundry basket was Karen's, and Sandi cleverly transformed this vintage suitcase with white paint:

I'm using the basket to hold my Etsy shop pillows.  Thank you, thank you Karen!!

Karen also bestowed the sweetest gift bags on Michelle and I.  They contained natural bathing products she sells, as well as an inspiring charm and painted pot.  I had to buy the other pot, too, after ogling them on her pre-show blog post.


This old locker basket was from Karen's space as well, and will make a great storage place for some of my fabrics:


Here's the inside of the white suitcase.  I fell in love with this blue of course!

I can't wait to use it for storing some pretty supplies:

What did I use to carry around the bucks to purchase these treasures?  I couldn't resist creating one of Tone Finnanger's Tilda's World designs.  The pattern for this purse is in her Sew Sunny Homestyle book I recently raved about.  This is her fabric, too, and I added a vintage earring on the bow. 

I was shopping in style and with good company!  Go see Sandi's post for more incredible photos of the event. 
Sharing all these finds with:

19 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

That stool is adorable, and I'd kill for the laundry basket! Great stuff!

Kathleen

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Everything is absolutely beautiful!

maria cecilia said...

being a long time follower and visitor to your blog I don´t know if I ever left you a comment... well, just to let you know how much I adore your decor style!!!
hugs from Chile

michele said...

thank you thank you for taking us along!

gorgeous! just found your lovely blog...come visit anytime:

http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com

smiles.

michele

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Susan, you brought home some swoon worthy items!!!
I am just dying over that suitcase and the little stool in your first photo!!~
Gorgeous!!~
Hope you have a beautiful night my friend!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

chateau chic said...

Susan, You really found some wonderful items. I really like the locker basket and the laundry basket.
Mary Alice

wandalee said...

Susan - I had planned on going down to the event but wound up having car problems - afraid I would not be able to make the 2hr round trip. I emailed Sandi re: the cabinet door I had seen on her blog, only to find you had been lucky enough to scoop it up! Enjoy! and know that there was one other person who coveted it :-)

Wanda in NH

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Can we ever have enough rusty wire? Not! Love your baskets. And that suitcase is DREAMY!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Everything looks so fun! Love the bag. Makes me want to go shopping:)

Heaven's Walk said...

After seeing all of your fabulous goodies, Susan.....I can hardly wait for the Fleas to open up around here! :)

xoxo laurie

It's me said...

What a lot of great things darling....lovely weekend....xxx...

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

So lovely! ... beautiful treasures :)
Visiting from Feathered Nest Friday
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Susan ~ thanks for the kind words about our show, again!
That basket from Karen is wonderful you lucky girl! Love how you are displaying the pillows in them (although I am sure it will be empty soon)!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Lots of yummy whites and a wonderful rustic laundry basket! I sold a similar laundry basket and regret it!

Thanks so much for your suggestion about finding out how to get a copy of the Italian magazine. Good lead!

Cindy

Something Special said...

oh Susan, I am a huge fan of your sister's blog and I am so happy to have found yours. I love all your white. I am starting to slowly transform as much as possible at my home into a white dream. I am totally jealous of your outing with to the "At home with White booth and the county fair. I wish more people was into that kind of thing here. Love it all!
I am seriously drooling big time!

andrea@townandprairie said...

The vibrancy and freshness of your photography is stunning nad comforting. So crisp and clean...I could never have such a bright palette in my home... there would be kid fingerprints and paw prints everywhere. I have to stick with warmer whites... but I admire your crisp cool whites.

very merry vintage style said...

Love that suitcase. The blue lining is gorgeous! Stop by and link up if you have time
Mary

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

OOOH, can't wait to see that piece with the wallpaper on the back. Great idea!

Have a great weekend Susan!

Hugs,
Judy

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Thanks for the sweet comments and showcasing goodies from the White Event. The pillows look lovely in your "French" Style laundry basket. I know it has a beautiful home to reside in and it was truly my pleasure! :)
Blessings & hugs,
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...