Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Table

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving celebrations.  We had a small gathering here with family.  There's a lot to be thankful for.  Hosting can be hectic, so I stayed up (too late) setting the table the evening before.  I used a simple white background for our elegant wedding china, and dried hydrangeas and fall leaves from our garden.  Fleur-de-lys punchouts from Petite Michelle Louise made the table festive.  My Dad asked if I cut those out by hand.  Ahhh...no. 
I also added Michelle's 'Merci' tag to the centerpiece as a simple message for the day. 


The sparkling cider on the buffet was wrapped in some vintage Belgium ribbon and white burlap.  I mixed the burlap, lace and a vintage striped fabric from Brimfield Flea Market as the runner.  The mirror is a Brimfield treasure from several years ago.  It was fun mixing the elegant and rustic pieces.








Now on to Christmas decor ...the happiest season of all!

2 comments:

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Thank you so much for visiting and welcome to blogging!! You are off to a wonderful start ~ your home looks so pretty and I love the table you set for Thanksgiving!

Enjoy your weekend!

Unknown said...

you set a magnifique table for thanksgiving my friend. I am sure it was enjoyed by all. Love to see my fleur-de-lis all around and LOVE that you used the reverse side of my tag to add to the decor. Very clever! Can't wait to see your xmas ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...