Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's beginning to look...

...a lot like a white Christmas!  I'm linking to White Wednesday for the first time and it's exciting to see all the beautiful links out there to white wonderland. 
I've started decorating for Christmas, but it's slow going.  I'm always telling my husband 'W.I.P.' (work in progress) when he's trying to figure out what's going on.  He's a good sport about it all, and says that the Jeanne d'Arc Living magazine style is amenable to him.  I try to limit the Shabby Chic style to our daughter's room for his sake.
But Christmas is a special time, so I may get a bit carried away (?)...

(Pay no attention to the surround-sound speaker above the mirror.  At least it's white, right?)





Inspired by the December Jeanne D'Arc Living magazine last year, I made these numbered labels for 4 candles.  These are now our Advent candles.  The Madonna and Child statue was a purchase from HomeGoods.  It was gold, so I painted it white.  I got the idea from a post of Tracey's at French Larkspur.


Here's a small decorated tree on a console in our living room, next to a York, ME barn window decked out.
I made the 'NOEL' banner this year.



Santa and his friends agreed to fill in the empty corner where our live tree will reside starting this coming weekend.  They are good sports and are being so patient...



Lastly, here is one of a pair of chairs next to our fireplace.  I covered the pillows using an old sweater and decided to glam them up this year with rhinestone buckles laced with ticking fabric.  I couldn't resist the teddy bears from Ballard Designs.

Happy decorating to all!  To be continued...

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

So many wonderful whites-I love them all!!!!!! Great white christmas decorations!

Blessed Serendipity said...

You have some pretty whites. I especially love the snowmen. Happy WW.

-Danielle

Unknown said...

wow..jeanne d'arc indeed! it looks like a page right out of the magazine! Truly, i just received their xmas issue and your ideas are Jeanne d'arc worthy for sure! Well done! Happy 1st WW!

Blue Creek Home said...

I'm lovin' all of your pretty whites! It's perfect for Christmas.
Rhonda

Unknown said...

...oh-sooo-lovely!!
Very romantic and yes, Jeanne d'Arc like!!
Happiest 1st White Wednesday!!
xo, Rosemary

Unknown said...

Hi Susan! I'm so glad that you decided to start a blog! Yeah! Everything looks so very pretty at your house!!! I love that you bought a Madonna and Child statue and painted it like I did...yours looks wonderful...I was just at Home Goods over the weekend to see if they had any more, because I think it was this time last year that I found the one I have, but so far no luck...

Hugs ~

:) T

time worn interiors said...

You've got a good start on your decorating! Looks fabulous! Blogs are so much fun, I know your gonna love it!
Theresa
aka:TOT

Donna said...

Welcome to White Wednesday! Your mantle is stunning, I adore your gorgeous sconces! And I also really love your window with the garland. So many pretty whites, I love them all!

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Beautiful blog!!

A.M.I.N.A said...

All photos are beautiful and I love all your white decors.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Susan...welcome to WW!! Everything looks great! Love the window and I spied a snowman I picked up on sale after Christmas but his hat was damaged. Now I know what to do today!

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Welcome to WW! Your home is beautiful. I too was inspired by JDL this year, but I had to add a little color just because. Hope to come by for a visit again soon.

Judy

Sherry from Alabama said...

I love your new blog! Your home is just beautiful. It's quite my style. :)

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...