Friday, February 6, 2015

Valentine Crafting

Hello friends!  These days you'll find me indoors trying to keep busy, as we have 3 feet of snow outside and more predicted for this weekend.  Uuuugh.
Well, at least we've got Valentine's day to look forward to next week.  I thought I'd share some cute Valentine card and gift bag ideas with you.  The combination of brown paper and light pink really appeals to me this year, so that's what I used.
Here are some of the supplies I started with:

The pink heart straws, burlap chalk tags and pink jute twine all came from Target's dollar section,  The 'tickets' by Tim Holtz were found at AC Moore, as well as the plain white paper hearts.  I jazzed them up with fabric patches and stamped messages (the same fabric patches I used on my lavender hearts).  The tiny alphabet stamps also came from AC Moore:

First I painted some brown kraft card stock (also from AC Moore) with pink hearts to make Valentine cards.  The 'Cameo Pink' acrylic paint was only 50 cents at Walmart.  

Next I simply glued my white hearts to the cards.  I'll be personalizing these later this week...




I decided to use large brown lunch bags I had on hand for Valentine gift bags.  I was having fun painting those free-hand rustic-looking hearts.


The pink twine was sewn into the top of the bags, and also holds the straws in place.  Next I just glued the sweet tickets to the hearts and hung my chalkboard tags over the straws.  Pretty simple and easy, just waiting for me to fill these with treats!

Have a great weekend everyone, and enjoy your Valentine's day preparations - I know I am!

Sharing with:
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday
Sundays at Home with Thoughts from Alice

13 comments:

primrosesattic said...

Love your makes. The pink and brown paper go so well.
Rosezeeta.

It's me said...

Lovely...!!!❤️❤️❤️ love Ria ..!

Unknown said...

These are SO sweet and simple. I adore them! I am sure your kiddos and their friends will love thme too!

Rhonda said...

The heart of hearts, I love these!!!

Art and Sand said...

Adorable!

chateau chic said...

Such a sweet valentine craft...love it!
Mary Alice

Donna said...

Love your bags and cards, Susan! Your painted hearts are so sweet! I agree, love the brown and pink combo. I've been thinking of you in all that snow, stay safe and cozy!

Heather said...

These are SO sweet, Susan! I love the pale pink, white and craft paper combo. I'm hosting a 60th wedding anniversary tea for my grandparents on Valentine's Day, so this is a great idea! :D

Im sorry you're snowed in--- but what a pretty place to be snowed in at! ;) I've been reading some Brunonia Barry lately and missing the Salem area.

French pretties said...

So cute, love it! Monika

Robin Johnson said...

So cute! I love the simplicity and style of your projects. May have to get my act together and create some myself.

Junkchiccottage said...

Too cute and sweet Susan. What a great idea. Happy Valentine's Day.
Kris

Curtains in My Tree said...


Those cards are so cute, best ones I have seen this year.
I didn't take the time to make cards and this makes me sad after seeing yours


Happy Valentine's Day

Agen Obat Herbal said...

nice post
beautiful pics

Obat Herbal Disentri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...