Monday, May 18, 2015

Lilac time!

The windows are open, the birds are chirping, and my house smells of heavenly lilacs!  Spring is here to stay.






I've had this bookshelf standing on our living room buffet since Christmas, and thought I'd take some photos of how it's styled today with a combination of my favorite things...



Vintage clocks and books are the best pairing, don't you think?

Ribbons, old keys and tarnished silver aren't so bad together, either...

This lovely lady hasn't minded sitting in this box for a while...

Happy spring, friends!

Sharing with:
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday
Sundays at Home with Thoughts from Alice

11 comments:

It's me said...

Beautiful lilacs Susan ...love from me happy week Ria...!

chateau chic said...

Your lilacs are so pretty, Susan! Pairing them with whites couldn't be more beautiful. And I love how you've styled that sweet bookcase...perfect!
Mary Alice

Unknown said...

Lilacs always bring back the fondest memories of visits to my grandparents home. Sigh. Yours are lovely in that crate and in the ironstone as well. I adore those bookcase vignettes and all of your special touches mon amie. Happy Monday!!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Lovely lovely post. I love the lilacs. Ours bloomed a month ago and I miss them. Jo

NanaDiana said...

What a sweet post, Susan! I am waiting one more day to cut my lilacs to bring them in-so they open up just a bit more. Yours are gorgeous!
Happy May Spring Day to you.
I thought I was following you but have not seen your posts...anyway, as of now you are on my sidebar so I don't miss any posts from you. xo Diana

sarah said...

Beautiful lilacs!

Bente said...

Beautiful lilacs. I can almost smell them here lol. It`s too early for them here. I have planted two trees, but I don`t think there will be any flowers on them this year.
Love your photos.
Hugs

Seawashed said...

The sweetness of Spring is in your home. Lovely

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

So pretty ~ an absolute favorite in spring. I love the colors in your home as well.
Have a beautiful day!
xo,
Lin

June said...

Beautiful, beautiful vignettes Susan! I love the feel of your home! The lilacs are in their element there, that's for sure. A beautiful flower in a beautiful home!
sending hugs...

Julie said...

I love lilacs and yours are so lovely! It's too bad that their blooming season is so short, although maybe that's part of what makes them special.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...