Monday, January 26, 2015

Love (and lavender) is in the air

While we are hunkering down for a major snow blizzard in the Boston area, I'm busy listing these sachets in my Etsy shop.  May as well keep busy!


I had such fun making these unique sachets, because I used fabric from the delightful Cabbages and Roses' Northcote Range line.  This cottage style fabric adorns the 'patches' on the hearts.  Sometimes our hearts do need a little mending, right?





They smell lovely, filled with soothing lavender...




They'd fit right in for Valentine's Day.  I couldn't stop myself with the heart theme, so I also made two cute heart garlands - this time with white cotton and stuffing, and of course the sweet 'patches'!





I have one garland hanging in our living room for now...it may be difficult to sell it.  :)



It all started with these lovely supplies...


Well, if I'm going to be snowed in, may as well be surrounded by pretties.
Stay safe and warm this week, friends!

Sharing with:
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday
Sundays at Home with Thoughts from Alice

14 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Susan,
Your lavender hearts are adorable and love love that little heart banner. Tooo sweeeet! Happy week my friend.
Kris

20 North Ora said...

Your hearts are all so sweet. Look precious in your room.

Judy

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So pretty, I'm sure you'll be sold out quickly!
I've got my paint all ready and lots of furniture that needs a fresh coat. Stay safe!

chateau chic said...

These are so sweet. I love the little patches on each!
Mary Alice

June said...

For sure Susan. I don't think there's anything better to do while the snow comes down :))) I love your sachets...so pretty.
sending hugs...

It's me said...

Love the garland Susan...lovely...!!...happy week love Ria....x!

Art and Sand said...

love the hearts ... love the garlands ... love the fabric ...

is the fabric available online?

Seawashed said...

Cabbages and Roses have been a favorite of mine for as long as I have been blogging. So I adore these, especially the blue for my home. Keep safe in this storm. Prayers.

Donna said...

Love your hearts, Susan! I can almost smell the lavender from here:) Your garland is super cute, too, I would have a hard time parting with it. I do hope the storm isn't too bad for you all on the east coast. Stay safe!!

Robin Johnson said...

Adorable! I really love the little red striped hearts and the heart garland. I've never seen better looking patches in my life. Your so clever to use them so prettily.

I've been wanting to get myself some Cabbages and Rose fabric for ages. Sure would love to know where you found the fabulous red and blue stripe fabric you used to make the hearts. hint, hint, LOL.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

These are so cute! And yes, our hearts do need a little mending at times. I'd love a cute patch like that! :)

Just found your beautiful blog!

Stay warm and safe. Just saw on the news how bad it is.

becky

Anita said...

Those are absolutely beautiful... your blog never fails to make me smile!

Unknown said...

These are so sweet! I love the petite snippet of romantic fabric on each of them. you always add such lovely details to your handiwork! Love...love!

Bente said...

The hearts is so cute. Love all of them.
Hugs from here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...