Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Winter Bare

There is a dusting of white snow on our ground and the trees are bare.  Serene, peaceful.  Inside the house our rooms are sharing that look - bare after the abundance of Christmas decor... and quiet. 

I've added a white glittered banner to my arched window.  Simple...


Some Christmas items have remained, blending in with the serene winter scene...


These horn ornaments on our mantel have a great vintage look to them:

And I just couldn't pack this lovely heart ornament away, found on the fabulous visit to Nesting.

Snowflakes inside and out...

Time passes quietly in the winter...




And I must share with you this incredible doll crown I won in a giveaway from Amy of Vintage Market Place.  Thank you Amy!  It blends perfectly in our daughter's room.  Amy has such talent with her creations!
 
I'll be sharing these peaceful whites over at Kathleen's White Wednesday
Enjoy a quiet and serene winter!

11 comments:

Victoria said...

Everything is so beautiful and I agree with you, everything looks so simple once the decorations get put away. I also left a few things out that seemed more 'winter' to me than 'Christmas':)

Your home is so lovely!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your rooms are looking so calm and serene! That is what I love so much about decorating with whites! Your banner is so cute and I love the crown you won!!

I envy you that you have a little snow...we are still dry with none in sight. Today it is 50 degrees!!

Have a wonderful week, Susan!

It's me said...

Everything is so beautiful...like the angel wings the most.......love from me...xxx..

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Everything looks so winter-white-wonderful! Love your silvery horn. I also have a hard time packing all the decorations away... I always leave my Christmas candleholders out, along with my velvety Christmas florals.

Unknown said...

serenely gorgeous! i am enjoying the simplicity of my surroundings after taking down all of my holiday decorations as well. everything looks so clean and fresh....a "new" start all around us! so nice! ;) (when's the wedding?)

Okio B Designs said...

Okay, how have I never been here before?! Coming over from Faded Charm and a happy new follower!!!! Love all of your whites - especially the angel wings and feather wreath. Stunning!

Jeanine

chateau chic said...

Love your vignettes. They are elegant in their simplicity.
I'm your newest follower, Mary Alice

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

You sure know how to put it all together ... looks lovely!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Peaceful beauty is right!!
Don't you just love snow that melts so quickly!

Vintage Home said...

The sings in home are so serene...they float!
Crazy about your horns! and your mantle...beautiful!

Unknown said...

mi piacciono tantissimo i tuoi post!!!!
complimenti!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...