Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas Living Room 2015

Friends, it's that time of year again.  I just love preparing for Christmas during Advent.  Happy Gaudete Sunday!
I decided to pare down our decorations this year, and didn't take out nearly as much as previous years.  I wanted a simpler look and chose to add a warm & cozy feel with YARN.  I'm loving all things yarn-related these days.  I even bought some size 50 knitting needles and made a chunky wool throw for our sofa.  You'll find me under it many nights these days, watching lots of Xmas movies.
Well, I'll keep the talking to a minimum and share the (many) photos of our living room:



Just love the chunky stitches on my throw


I made a pom-pom garland (hanging under the shelf) with this lovely yarn that reminded me of sheep's fur.  It had little puffs throughout.

The deer's head was a fabulous HomeGoods find, and I made the whimsical garland around it by stringing wool felt balls onto crochet thread.  I found the felt balls here on Etsy.

I also stamped reindeers on some white sacks.  The sacks held soap that I had ordered from Dreamy Whites.  The large faux pointsettia leaf came from JoAnn's.  It's such a soft white velvet.

Vintage ornaments fill a lovely old bowl on our trunk/coffee table.

At the front of the room is an old flea market cabinet, very simply decorated with a tree and white horse above.




More vintage ornaments on the faux flocked tree, tucked into an ironstone pitcher.


I love how my white horse looks this year, accessorized with greenery,  handmade pom-poms using fluffy yarn, and a garland of the same felted wool balls from Etsy.

Here is our tree in the corner.  Yarn was used here as garland:

I thought these vintage fabric sachets for sale in my Etsy shop would look pretty in a basket nearby:


I'm just starting to wrap gifts using wrapping paper and yarn found at the thrift store, as well as my new-favorite reindeer stamp:


The Christmas village is on display:



Lastly, this corner holds our white bookshelf.  I kept some books, and just added decorations with a vintage feel.  I call it the 'bottle-brush' corner, since that's where my collection of trees and wreaths ended up:
















I attempted to make a felted wool sheep that resembled a vintage putz sheep, using more of my woolly yarn as a mane.  He's keeping watch over the white house:

Hope you enjoyed this living room tour.  I'll be back with the dining room tour soon.
Enjoy this special season!




Sharing over at:

Shabbilicious Friday
Feathered Nest Friday

12 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh my goodness Susan, that was so much amazing eye candy...I don't know where to begin!!! Your tree looks beautiful, what a unique idea to use all the wool like that. And I am insanely impressed that you knit (or knitted?) that throw yourself, you would pay a fortune for that in a store! I'm totally drooling over your little cabinet, the one with the ironstone pitcher on it...gorgeous! Love your antler head too! I'm looking forward to seeing your dining room:)

Junkchiccottage said...

Susan,
Just so pretty. Swooning over all your sweet decor. Your tree is gorgeous.
Happy Monday. Have a wonderful week ahead.
Kris

Robin Johnson said...

Your skill in decorating a room is always so inspiring to me. I love what you've done for the holidays. Your room looks so pretty and inviting and is filled with fun, pretty touches that I adore.

Donna said...

Susan, your home is just beautiful decked out for Christmas! Your bookcase is so pretty with the bottlebrush trees. And I love the pom poms you created! They make me think of fluffy snowflakes:) I've kept it a little more simple here this year too. And you know what? I love it so much better than every nook and cranny all decked out! Wishing you and your family a peace filled Christmas!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Susan your living area is so lovely. The colors are so soft and pretty. Have a wonderful Christmas season. xx Jo

It's me said...

Wowww Susan your hone ia magic......beautiful decorated.....love it all....enjoy december....love Ria x❤️

Seawashed said...

Everything is so pretty.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Thanks for the wonderful tour Susan...your home evokes such a comfort level..lovely just lovely!!!

JoanMarie said...

Hello Susan,
Beautiful and so inspiring! Loving your tree and all of your holiday touches.
Merry Christmas!
JoanMarie

Sylvia Cook Photography said...

Lovely decor, completely my style :)

Unknown said...

Everything is so pretty.

________________________
American Actor HD Wallpapers

Unknown said...

I am here to your site and I have gotten some useful material from your site, must day thanks to you…
___________
tattoo thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...