Sunday, November 8, 2015

Fall in the Kitchen

Last post I shared some fall branches used for decor in our dining room.  Today I'm sharing what our kitchen looks like.  There's a lot of blue and white in this room, so it's nice to add pops of red with the branches and apples.



I also removed a white slip-cover from this brown chair, and draped hand-monogrammed red-striped towels over it:



The small white dish holds acorns the kids and I gathered on a recent hike, as well as more red leaves from our branches:


Last year I found this great cabinet door at the Holiday Vintage Bazaar.  Recently I decided to spray the middle panel with chalkboard paint.  I love how it looks as though it's a framed piece:

I attempted to copy a Thanksgiving-themed message (found on Pinterest) with chalk, and added a free-style pumpkin.  Let's just say I never majored in art, but it's fun to try to draw!


Feeling thankful this month!

14 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am feeling thankful, too. All your fall touches are sweet and lovely. Happy November to you! xo Diana

Donna said...

Love your chalkboard cabinet door, Susan! It's hard drawing and writing with chalk, I think. The pops of red are pretty and festive, too!

Victoria said...

What a cozy little space! I love the blue and white plates on the little shelves, so pretty and your little chalkboard is perfectly shabby and chippy! Love it all:)

Junkchiccottage said...

Susan,
Loooove your pretty kitchen for fall. So pretty and the pops of red are perfect. Love that kitchen floor too.
Have a great new week ahead. Enjoy!
Kris

Unknown said...

Love your touches of Fall...color in your sweet kitchen mon amie! And I just LOVE how you've transformed that Flea find into a chalkboard sign!! WEll done! ;)

It's me said...

Beautiful fall Susan...happy week love Ria x

JoanMarie said...

Hello Susan,
LOVE the pops of red and your style - so much prettiness to look at and be inspired by!
JoanMarie

m.lisa said...

Pretty details and a very, soothing palette. Love the chalkboard and of course its message. xoxoxoxo

HWIT BLOGG said...

Oh what a lovely kitchen! Just beautiful...
Have a great weekend, take care!
Titti

Blondie's Journal said...

Your kitchen is so cute, Susan...it's YOU! I love it. That table is gorgeous. I want it! The simple branches are beautiful.

Thanks for your visit! :)

Jane x

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi my friend!
Wanted to pop in and wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Fall looks lovely and I can't wait to see Christmas in your home!
xo

Passionate for White said...

Gosh your home is sooooo lovely....

Unknown said...

Just beautiful.

________________________
American Actor HD Wallpapers

Unknown said...

I will certainly return.
HD Wallpapers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...