Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Winter Vignettes

Sharing some simple white scenes here at home...

At one time I had attempted to spray paint these brown twig hearts white.  The color never really absorbed in, but I do like the grayish result:
a reminder to dream...

It's hard to capture the pretty view from this window with all the sunlight coming in, but there was snow on the ground and tree when I snapped the photo:

This lovely vintage book on the left was found recently on a shopping trip with Michelle.  We visited a nearby antique mall and chatted lots while we browsed.  I don't think either of us came home with much, but our 'picker sister' adventures are always fun!

More vintage treasures are showcased nearby:

These sweet vintage cards get me in the mood for Valentine's day...

I'm sharing these winter white vignettes with:
Blissful Whites Wednesday
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday

18 comments:

Pollyanna said...

Just loving your 'dream' shelf with the frames, so tranquil ...

Anne said...

Beautiful Susan!Those frames are so pretty above your shelf.I love that dream banner too!
xx
Anne

Robin Johnson said...

Your displays are always so pretty and inspiriing. I love the vintage books and the white frames with the banner is adorable.

Victoria said...

What a gorgeous view you have out of your window! I love your vignettes and I think the little heart look pretty...it does look grey!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So pretty...loving those cards, so sweet!

It's me said...

Lovely post !!...love your tags !!...love Ria...xxx...

Okio B Designs said...

Thanks for sharing - your vignettes are lovely! Love that dream banner.

Jeanine

BECKY said...

Love your pretty whites, Susan!! Love how you do what you do! Always so lovely!!

Thank you for sharing on Blissful Whites Wednesday!!
Have a wonderful evening!
Becky

Rhonda said...

So pretty, Susan. I do wish this week I had time for vignettes. I enjoyed yours and that will have to do for now. xo Rhonda

Donna said...

I love, love, love your display of pretty vintage cards, lace, and crochet thread, Susan! What a wonderful idea! The light in your room is just heavenly!

Amy Kinser said...

Beautiful whites and beautiful pictures. So enjoyed looking around with you.

Blondie's Journal said...

I really love those vintage cards! And your pictures are just beautiful with all the sunlight streaming in your windows. It was very cold, gray and a bit snowy here today. Send some sunshine this way! :)

XO,
Jane

Heather said...

What beautiful winter vignettes you've created! Just love all the white, as usual. Those books are so beautiful, I love old religious illustrations. They're always so tender. And your picking adventures sound like so much fun! Wish I could come!~

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

I love the frames, I have a few that I want to showcase on my fireplace! Thanks for the idea,Di@cottage-wishes

SewSweetVIntage said...

Your wings are so cute!! Love the frames and chair cushion. Pinned. New follow. Follow me http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/sweet-heart-pillow-upcycle.html Stopping by your etsy too!

June said...

I love these photos Susan! I LOVE the books you have found. Your vignette with the dream and sweet twig heart is beautiful!!!!
I always feel so inspired when I visit.
hugs from here...

chateau chic said...

Such pretty photos! Lovely whites.
Mary Alice

Jeannine said...

So pretty! And I have been looking for the font used in your "DREAM" banner forever. Do you by chance know what font that is?

Jeannine @ The Concrete Cottage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...