Friday, December 12, 2014

A Winter's Tale - Living Room

Friends, it's been such fun to visit your blogs and see how everyone is adding that Christmas touch to their homes.  I love Advent as it's all about waiting and anticipating Christ's birth.  As I slowly decked out our halls, I reflected on the peace this time brings.
Our living room is finally set.  This year I was influenced heavily by the style of Vintage by Nina and her latest amazing book 'A Winter's Tale' ...


A peek at her book inside this fabulous milk crate I found at the flea market this fall:


Welcome....

Here are some lovely pillow covers I got from H&M recently.  They look great on our stark white couch!

Over the couch is a white Christmas themed shelf:

Crocheted stocking in a frame:

and sprayed pine cones from outdoors:

Not far from the tree is a corner with our white buffet.  This year I decided to put a bookcase on top (sorry for the shadows - it's been cloudy here all week!):

A collection of Christmas goodies is presented here...





This cute pouch came from Rhonda - I just love it with a little green sprig inside!



Recently Michelle and I joined a wonderful new friend Carol on a trip to visit Nesting in Concord, MA.  The store was in full Christmas wonderland display, enchanting as always.  One of the owners, Beth, made this amazing little wreath ornament.  I've attached it to my glitter trophy and just love it!

Here's a shot of us at Nesting.  I had a great time with you ladies!
Michelle, me, Carol

Next a look at the fireplace wall.  I decided to put my white arched window here, along with a Scandinavian cross fabric banner I made.  It hides that awful red brick!  I made the pillow covers on the white chairs from coffee sacks.

Here's a closer look at the mantel:

I'm crushing on this rustic white house I found at Nesting, as well as the glitter star garland:



Nearby is a simple seating area:



On the other side of the fireplace is a simple collection as well:

Just some burlap ribbon wrapped around the tree in an ironstone bowl.  Easy:

The front of the room holds my prairie style cupboard.  Just love this in winter, too:

I've dubbed this my 'star' corner, because I've used paper glitter stars with gusto here!

Ms. Santos dons them...

...and my white horse is surrounded by sparkly stars...even the candle holders got them:


It's a perfect place to feature our Nativity scene.  This year I nestled the scene in an old tool caddy that was made by my great-grandfather.  I love that it has an 'M' carved out on the left side (for 'Manger' seems appropriate):

Hope you enjoyed this living room tour.  Sending some warmth your way..

Sharing with:
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday

22 comments:

Seawashed said...

I have to say my favorite is your gold tinsel tree in the ironstone. It's simplicity woos my heart. It's all beautiful. Joyeux Noel * God Jul

Art and Sand said...

Everything, and I mean everything, is perfect!

angie said...

danke für die inspirationen und liebe grüße von angie

It's me said...

Wowwwww beautiful.......!...love Ria...x!

pballard said...

So inspiring! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I look forward to following you into the New Year.

Junkchiccottage said...

Woooza Susan. So gorgeous. Love love it all. I am going back to swoon.
Happy Week end.
Kris

chateau chic said...

I adore your style, Susan! You have created such a lovely, peaceful Christmas sanctuary for your family and friends to enjoy this season.
Mary Alice

Victoria said...

Oh my goodness Susan, sooooo much gorgeous eye candy here!!! I love every little part of your home. Love the pic of you girls, you're all gorgeous!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love it all especially the hutch styling.

Unknown said...

Beautifully done!!

Tante Mali said...

Wonderful. Every single picture is full of inspirations and beauty!
Elisabeth

Donna said...

Your living room is so pretty all decked out for Christmas, Susan! I especially love your glittery stars, could you tell me where you found them? And the bookcase added to your buffet is perfect for displaying all of your pretty treasures. How fun to get to know a new blogging friend!

Bente said...

Hi Susan. Love your christmas decoration. Everything is so beautiful.
I have not finished my decoration yet. I will do soon, I hope.

Hugs from here

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the silver pieces mixed in with your bottle brush trees on your hutch, Susan. Your tree looks beautiful!

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I adore every. little. detail. Oh my mon amie...your home is serenely beautiful at Xmas. You have the magic touch dear Susan. <3<3<3

Heaven's Walk said...

What beautiful decor, Susan! I love it all! I'm crushing on that sweet gold tinsel tree. So sweet. And your tree is just amazing! I hope that you are blessed with a joy filled Christmas season, sweetie!

xoxo laurie

Karen said...

Susan your home is beautiful Your Christmas decor is perfect. I'm a fan of French Nordic design too. One if these days I'm going to treat myself to those wonderful books by Nina. I've been a long time admirer of your blog. I'm so thrilled you stopped by and left such a nice comment.

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

So many pretty things to see! Have a lovely Christmas, Susan.
xoxo,
Lin

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Susan!
Loved peeking in at your home for the holidays, everything looks so magical!
Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and fun with the kiddos on vacation!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love seeing your beautiful home! So gorgeous, loving all of your holiday touches.

Happy holidays!!

~Shanon

Linda said...

Beautiful and heartwarming. Merry Christmas. :)

Bohemian said...

Such Lovely Festive Decor for the Holidays... I wouldn't want to take it down for some time! Happy New Year from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...