Monday, October 13, 2014

Romantic Country - Winter issue

Friends, I have some exciting news to share!  Remember last May when Fifi came to visit (read about it here)?  I am so lucky to be included in her winter issue of Romantic Country, out on newsstands now.  Here is the amazing cover of the issue:



My home and work are featured on page 12, in the People and Places section.  What a thrill!


The article includes a lovely tribute to my Grandmother Evelyn and Great-grandmother Rose, this blog's namesakes, and I love the photos that were chosen.  My son frowned about the article incorrectly stating I have 2 daughters, but otherwise it's a wonderful feature!  :)

This winter issue is amazing - I just adore the home featured on the cover, and guess who else has her home featured in a fabulous spread?  Talented Michelle of Petite Michelle Louise!
Fifi came to shoot her home the day before mine, and it was such fun to share this excitement with Michelle.  Take a peek at the first page of her article, showcasing her famous inspiration holders...

....then head to the newsstands to see the rest!

11 comments:

Sandi said...

I purchased this issue a week or so ago and love it. Congrats!! So sorry about your son...:( lol
Blessings~

Heather said...

ooooh! Congratulations! That is fabulous! I cant wait to see, I will look for the issue when Im at the store next. :D

chateau chic said...

I bought this issue, and it was so fun to see your feature! Congratulations on a very lovely spread!!
So exciting!
Mary Alice

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Susan,
Congrats. I am running out tomorrow to get my issue. Wooooo Hooooo you go girl.
Kris

Donna said...

Congrats, Susan! I was so excited to see you and Michelle featured! You both deserved the recognition! Bet the photo shoot seemed surreal!!

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Congratulations, Susan! Very exciting!!!
xo,
Lin

Robin Johnson said...

Congrats to you, how exciting! I can't wait to pick up a copy of my own.

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Susan I have had my issue for a couple of weeks now! I so took notice of you and so deserving to be featured. As for Fifi and her new Prairie-Style Weddings I can tell you this book is going to blow all wedding and decorator books out of the water. The feeling this book has is really so much more then a wedding book, it's an all around romantic book fill with wonderment in designs, entertaining and creating romance. You will see this book on my coffee table, well chest that is.

Thank you Susan for adding so much to blogging, and thank you dearly for the compliment to my daughter looking like me :) you are so good for my ego!

See you soon beautiful, and all the beauty you create here.

Xoxo
Dore

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So excited for you...and tell your son (Charlie right?) that they'll get it right next time (because there will be one)!!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I bought my issue awhile ago and haven't had a chance to read it yet. Congrats! Tell your son I will scribble out the 2 daughters thing and include him ;). Can't wait to read it now!

Nancy Lee said...

Congratulations!You deserve the accolades. I love your style. When I read the description on the magazine page, I spotted the error right away. Poor boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...