Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dining Room for Fall

Gosh, it's been months since I've posted photos of our dining room.  To be honest, it can be a dumping ground for clutter (all the mail tends to multiply in here) and it's where our children work on art and homework.  Yesterday was a sunny day, perfect for cleaning up and taking pics of the fall decor.

As you enter our home, the dining room is to the right:


A pot of aged music sits on the radiator:


I love this ornate side table I found many years ago at a thrift store:


Our mahogany buffet presides over one wall.  It is quite a statement piece, and I sometimes struggle with toning down its' formality.  But I do love its' lines and detailing...


Tarnished silver and brown pieces are displayed here for fall:




A sweet figure of our Blessed Mother with just the right touch of my favorite blue:


The corner by the buffet is also an area I struggle with.  Ideally I'd like a tall white dresser or cabinet here for much-needed storage, but for now - this chair and shutter fill the space.  The baskets hold our table linens:


This white cabinet has been with me for years, even in my previous condo, and I've always loved it for storage and display.  The vignettes on these shelves are often changed out for each season, while the closed doors hide the childrens' art supplies. 


Some recent ironstone finds have made their way to this shelf, holding my knitted acorns.



Hope you enjoyed this little fall dining room tour.  I've just started the Creatively Made Home e-course, and am looking forward to getting terrific ideas on decorating - especially with challenges like this room. 
The course started this week, and so far I'm loving everything it has to offer! 

19 comments:

Donna said...

I just can't get enough of your beautiful home, Susan! Your dining room is so bright and cheery, and in my favorite colors, of course:) Love all of the tarnished silver and vintage sheet music, you have the magic touch!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

So many lovelies! No wonder everyone hangs out in here! Love that beautiful blue trim platter near the end. oooooooh!

Victoria said...

Your dining room is beautiful Susan and I love all the little touches of fall you've brought in! Love your dark wood buffet also!

Rhonda said...

I adore your dining room, it's perfect, I wouldn't change one thing. Your corner with the chair and shutter is a great idea!

I believe we are always decorating in our heads, right? :)

Rhonda said...

I adore your dining room, it's perfect, I wouldn't change one thing. Your corner with the chair and shutter is a great idea!

I believe we are always decorating in our heads, right? :)

Vintage Market Place said...

Hi Susan
I am loving your blue and those acorns are way too cute did you knit them?
Amy

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Everything looks so pretty! I love the color of those candlesticks. Your colors look so pale and sweet. Your house is so pretty!

Anne said...

Your dining room looks beautiful!
xx
Anne

Unknown said...

lovely..as always. and i had the pleasure of seeing it for "real!" GIRL..those acorns are ever-so-sweet! let's chat soon! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh Susan,
It looks just beautiful!!! I really love your oval buffet, it is so wonderful.
Hope your having a lovely week my friend.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Heather said...

How lovely! I love how you gently celebrate the autumn season in your own color palette. So sweet and so "you." Also love the touches of your faith intermingled in your decor-- I think I have a similar cross on a string that hangs from my mirrored dresser in my room!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your dining room is just lovely. The buffet is a gorgeous piece! I love the little acorns you crocheted sitting on the blue and white platter. so sweet.

Diane Porazzo @ babiesbridesandlavender.etsy.com said...

Hi Susan, I just love your lovely home and that dining room buffet is to die for.

Sandi said...

I always love seeing what you have done in your home Susan. It is always so serene and beautiful!!
Blessings~

Unknown said...

Wow Susan!
What a beautiful room and pictures!
I just about love everything in it!
What a great taste in furniture and accessories do you have!
I enjoyed taking a peek!
Love, monique http://spullenvanvroeger.blogspot.nl/

Robin Johnson said...

Stunning! I could look at your photos all day long they are just so pretty. Your collections are so artfully arraged and I love every single item.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Your room looks so pretty!
Isn't the course fun...and it's only week one!

Lady Pamela said...

I love your dining room. Sooooo beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
*Smiles*

Seawashed said...

Your home is so pretty. I love all of your white Madonnas. As JDL says "you can never have too many Madonnas".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...