Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Queen's Badge

Caught up in all this hoopla over the Queen's jubilee, today I worked on a regal project.  Although I wasn't thinking of Britain's Queen as I crafted - rather, my own little Queen. 
Our daughter is affectionately called 'Queen #1' in our extended family, as my dear mother-in-law likes to pronounce each of her grandchildren Kings and Queens as they are born.  Our little girl is the first grand-daughter for her, hence dubbed 'Queen #1'. 


I was inspired by a recent Somerset Life article with artwork by my talented friend Michelle, from the PetiteMichelleLouise blog.  She used tart tins to make unique badges, embellishing them with vintage elements and flowing ribbons. 

Here's Michelle's inspirational article in the Winter 2012 Somerset Life issue:

For my Queen's badge, I started with a simple Pottery Barn Xmas ornament with the letter 'A' for her name.  It was fastened to several layers underneath - a white paper doily, vintage sheet music, and white pleated crepe paper.  A light blue stamped crown was embellished with some German glass glitter and I used glitter letter stickers for the 'QUEEN' title: 

The badge was then enhanced with some ribbon, a crown tag and flowing crepe paper below:

I'm always gleaning inspiration from so many crafty bloggers like YOU out there to make personal projects for our home.  Thank you all for sharing your talents!

I'll be sharing with these great parties:
White Wednesday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Susan, I love absolutely love this Queen's badge!! You did a beautiful job on it!!
I hope your doing well my friend and have a lovely night.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Shabby chic Sandy said...

The Queens badge is so pretty! I have seen these badges...I want to make some too:) They are fun!

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

I never tire of your creativity and inspiration Susan! You have such a way with details.
Blessings & hugs,
Karen
P.S. I'm ready for a trip to the White Elephant and Todd's Farm Flea Market. Shout me out some dates to my email and Let's do this thing! :)

Unknown said...

merci mon amie! i am happy to have been your "muse" for this WW! Your #1 Queen's badge is so sweet...well done! ;) (i soo need a Picker Sister Adventure..let's plan one SOON!)

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I love your Queen's badge. It would look wonderful in my home. :)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is so darling for your little Queen! So pretty hung up anywhere. Michelle is a cut and paste genious isn't she. And she has the BEST stuff! Nice that so much has rubbed off on you! I'm so glad you came by!

Something Special said...

Oh I love this badge and what a good idea it is. This could be done up for so many occasions. Thanks for sharing it i am a new follower.
I have a beautiful little granddaughter named Evelyn. Love your blog

Something Special said...

I love all your whites and and all your photos look like they are right out of cottage living or Victoria magazine. And I discovered that I already am a follower. I knew I liked this blog! lol I will be back!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

I love you Queen Badge, the shutter makes it a beautiful display! I am a new follower! Please come visit my new blog! Penny

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

A beautiful badge fit for a Queen Susan.

I'd love it if you'd consider sharing this at Shabbilicious Friday ~ http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/shabbilicious-friday-link-party-86.html

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Susan,
This is fabulous in every detail! Thanks for the step by step share, I am always in awe of how the details are made! Love the Little king and queen tradition!
Hugs,
Bella

Anonymous said...

I love your queen badge!! It's really beautiful.

Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...