Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm wishing you all a happy mother's day.  I hope you are enjoying celebrating with your children and/or your dear mothers.  I am so thankful for my caring Mom and dear mother-in-law.  They are beautiful ladies, so near to my heart.
And how blessed I am to be a mother!  I wasn't always sure that day would come, as I met my guy and married later in life.  I am forever grateful for the blessings these children bring. 
My sweet young cherubs (and of course Dad) surprised me with this gorgeous flower arrangement, as well as the sweetest handmade cards and gifts. 
 
It has been a lovely spring day here, and we've taken time to admire the tulips...

...and the pretty weeping cherry tree in bloom:


This tree was planted just last year.  Here's a picture of our children 'helping' Dad plant it:

Hope you all enjoy these beautiful spring days!

5 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Susan! It sounds like your day was wonderful! I have a little weeping cherry, too. They are so sweet!

XO,
Jane

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~Happy Mothers Day!!~ Hugs, Rachel :)

French Farmhouse 425

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hoping you enjoyed your day!
Have a great week!!
It's Brimfield or bust for me!

Unknown said...

happy mother's day to you mon amie! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I was with my hubby and son at my favorite seaside haven. It was perfect! We couldn't have asked for a better day weather wise too..another "gift." Will chat soon! :)

mercedes scott said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely blooms... I especially enjoyed the photo of the kiddos helping dad plant the tree. My kids are in their 20's now, but many years ago we started a tradition of them giving me a new rose bush to plant for Mother's Day... you will have wonderful memories with your special tree. Hope you had a wonderful Mom's Day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...