Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Living Room Whites and Master Bedroom Updates

Ahhh...summer and whites blend perfectly together.  Simple, easy, calm...
I thought I'd share some whites in our living room today for White Wednesday, as well as give you another sneak peek into the master bedroom transformation.  I wanted to take lots of photos of the master, but the sun has not been shining.  It will have to wait...

This interesting shelf/display piece was found at my local thrift store recently.  The metal 'F' letter is from talented Tracey's store French Larkspur



I love the detail and chipping on this old frame:

The Santos cage doll has been moved to the white desk:


I think she prefers her simple unadorned summer look:

A view of the living room through the looking glass...

I've been busy painting this bedside table and covering our lampshades with vintage monogrammed towels in the master bedroom:

The David Austin 'Secret' rose just bloomed in our garden and smells delightful.  I love how Karen's glittered star looks on this old bottle:

No surprise - I went with a blue/white/cream color combination when making our bed pillows.  The blue fabrics are from the Shabby Chic line, which I was lucky to find on Fabric.com a couple of years ago. 


I'll post the big master bedroom 'reveal' once I get a lot of sun (and time) to take the photos. 
Until then, happy White Wednesday!

20 comments:

Victoria said...

Everything is so beautiful! Where do you find your vintage mirrors? I've been looking for some, the type you have without the frames, but they're so hard to find at a reasonable price!

Blondie's Journal said...

i love all your pretty whites in your living room. The cage doll is very interesting and simply beautiful!

You did a great job on the side table and pillows. How I wish I could sew!! I'm looking forward to the room reveal! :-)

XO,
Jane

Unknown said...

all so dreamy and lovely mon amie! i just LOVE that shade of blue everywhere...so serene. that chippy frame is gorgeous but i especially love the picture of the mirror reflecting your beautiful living room!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Susan, your home is simply dreamy!! I love all of the vintage mirrors, they are so perfect!
Have a lovely day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Blessed Serendipity said...

Everything looks so pretty and peaceful.

Danielle

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Yummy yummy! I'm totally digging the reflection in the mirror...I see PML agrees!

Hugs,
Judy

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Cool and inviting ... and we need cool right now :) (())

Pamela said...

Oh so romantic and dreamy Susan!!! Everything is just lovely. I love those Santos dolls and would love to have one.
I cannot wait to see your masterbedroom reveal!!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful pictures, I really get the summer whites feeling. I love the Santos doll!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Love all of your whites today. Can't wait to see the room. I love the photo of your room seen through the mirror. Very pretty:) Thank you for the kind comment about our photo shoot:) Fif is a great lady:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Cindy Adkins said...

Happy White Wednesday! I'm swooning--this is all so gorgeous!!!
XO
Cindy

fran said...

Everything looks dreamy! Love it.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks like you are enjoying the summer blues! I love that frame and how it pops against all the whites and beautiful blues!
Another master tease...the sun is shining today so you better snap away!!

The Smith Hotel said...

Ahh, makes me want to hang out at your house! So refreshing! Just what summer should feel like!

Jody

Tina said...

Hi Susan
Thank you so much for visiting over a tmy place and for your lovely comment. What a lovely blog you have . love all your photos.
Have a lovely day
Tina

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your house is so beautiful and warm. Love your blog. Great photos.

saltbox
treasures
said...

Just gorgeous! Love that photo with the mirror reflection of your lovely living room.
Have a great weekend!
~ Julie

mercedes scott said...

Your "new" bedroom looks dreamy! Can't wait 'til the full reveal... I especially like the shades of soft blue/cream you have selected for your pillows. Happy (belated) White Wednesday. :)

Charlotte Wilson said...

Hi Susan,
Your photos of your whites are lovely! I just wish I knew where to start with changing my decor with white things.

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Susan
What a gorgeous post. I too love the mirror reflection of your living room. I think I might try that since my straight on shoots never seem to look great concerning my living room. Thanks for featuring my little "star". It looks very happy in your home. :) I will get with you soon via email and fill you in on "life". Thanks for always checking in on me. xoxo
Blessings & Hugs,
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...