Wednesday, April 16, 2014

At Home with White - 2014

This past weekend I was so fortunate to spend a lovely morning at the Wrentham Country Store's annual At Home with White Event.  It was better than ever!  My first visits were in 2011 and 2012, and I was so happy to return this year.  Sandi and all the shop girls did an amazing job in that gorgeous white tent.  I'll let you take a peek around...
















(that rusty stool came home with me!)

One of the highlights of the day was meeting Kris from Junk Chic Cottage.  She and her hubby Terry came all the way from Chicago!  Kris was such a joy to meet!  She had a warm, bubbly personality, just as you would expect from her friendly blog.  Terry was such a good sport, taking lots of photos with all our cameras and helping Kris score some treasures.  She and Terry arrived early in the morning on Saturday, and from what we hear - it was a mob scene!  By the time Michelle and I arrived around 10:30am, the place was hopping and the lines were long.  Way to go WCS shop girls!

Here's a photos of us bloggers.  It's hard to believe that Michelle, Sandi and I all met at this very same spot just 3 years ago!
(Michelle, Kris, me, Sandi - photo courtesy of Michelle)

We spent so much more time chatting than shopping (shame on us), and I was a bad blogger by not getting any indoor shots or pictures of the gorgeous porch.  I was too busy ooohing and aahing over everything!
Michelle did get a picture with her camera as we visited inside with sweet Karen.  Karen used to blog at Shabby Moment in Time, but she hasn't found the 'time' for that these days.  :)

Ladies, it was a joy to spend that morning with you - laughing, hugging and talking about sour cream in freezers and such (funny story Kris!).  We advised Kris and Terry to check out Concord, MA on Sunday and I'm sure Kris will fill you in on that visit, especially since she stopped in at the wonderful Nesting store.

My sweet sister Michelle lives nearby and she joined us, too, and even scored a cute Victorian chair.  It was fun shopping with you sis!  (darn, wish we got a photo together)

So...wondering what I brought home?  3 fabulous treasures!
This rusty stool and this chippy old box...

Look closely at their fabulous patinas....sigh....



I also nabbed these vintage math flash cards.  Thought I'd make a vignette on the stool using the flash cards and some $1 baker's twine I found at Target recently:


Well ladies, it was a wonderful time to be had at the event - all those whites never disappoint.  Oh and Jan from Todd Farm, if you're reading this it was so nice to see you!  You ran off and we never got to chat more with you.  You looked amazing and we hope you scored some treasures.

I'm joining in at these great parties this week:
Blissful Whites Wednesday
Grey Dey Thursdey
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday


21 comments:

Sandi said...

Sure wish I had been there. :) It all looks so beautiful!!!

It's me said...

Wowwww...beautiful !!!....happy easter Susan ...love Ria...x !

chateau chic said...

Great show!!! What a fun, fun time you all had!! Always wonderful to meet up with other kindred spirits.
Mary Alice

Victoria said...

Awww, you girls are all so cute! Wonderful treasures too...I would've gone into some serious debt had I been there:)

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

Oh it sounds like y'all had a wonderful time, such fun! Great treasures as well!

pballard said...

Oh my word! Lovely.. Lovely finds as well. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Whoa...so much beautiful white! I can't handle it! :)
How fun to meet up with bloggers too!

Rhonda said...

Did you find some great treasures! Oh my, I saw so many things I wanted! I'm so happy you had such a great time. xo Rhonda

Patty Antle said...

What fun! And for all of you bloggers to be together! The whites are lovely and I would never have thought to paint doll heads white - love it! And the old radio.

Faded Charm said...

Love your finds...looks like my kind of Show:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Good Morning!
Wow, how lucky did we get with the weather for the show! Thank goodness we didn't get the snow a few days earlier! Your photos are great Susan and I LOVE the treasures you got (kicking myself over that box)! It was great to see you and hope to see you again very soon when I have more time to visit!

Robin Johnson said...

The booth looks so pretty, so glad you enjoyed your time there. Love the treasurers you found. That metal stool is amazing!

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

It all looks so beautiful. Wonderful times together and I love your finds.
Hugs,
Lin

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks like it was a beautiful day, Susan! Love all the displays in the pictures you've shared. You came home with some great pieces. Love that little stool. We have the Springfield Extravaganza coming up here in May. I didn't go last year, but think I might just go this year.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Omg...I could live there!! So many things I would love to have..not fair!! x0

wandalee said...

Sorry I missed it this year - I well remember being there a few years ago when you and PML came down for first the time. I have been down a few times, but the older I get the longer that 1.5 hr drive seems :-) Will I see you guys at the Vintage Bazaar? that's a LOT closer to me!
Wanda in NH

Donna said...

Wow, so much eye candy! I would be in heaven:) I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time, and got to meet up with blogger friends, how cool is that?! Love the pictures of you all!

Donna Wilkes said...

Such wonderful displays of all the great vintage goodies. Love the white box you chose.

Unknown said...

it was a fabulous day and i SO enjoyed every minute of it! the ride there with you....meeting Kris...seeing Sandi, Karen and all the shop gals...your sister joining us....Jan from Todd Farm..and, oh my...all that gorgeous white inspiration. sigh...sigh...sigh. those shop gals need to do this show more often. lol! i'll be posting about it real soon. ;)

EnchantedBella said...

beautiful finds! Such wonderful rusty chippy goodness.
Rebecca

June said...

What a great show Susan! I am totally crushin' on that stool you brought home. Perfection!!!
sending hugs...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...